The demand for commercial electrical services is increasing and for good reasons. No doubt, they are trained to do all the electrical work with ease. This may include troubleshooting, repairing, commercial electrical, and providing maintenance advice, and whatnot.
Retail shops, restaurants, cafes, offices, and other workplaces often rely on commercial electricians for the above-mentioned electrical work. From conducting safety checks, spotting electrical issues, addressing any issues, and giving electrical recommendations to improving safety.
Apart from doing routine electrical tasks after installing any electrical system, they are also capable of designing, planning, and building new systems suitable for the space. If you work with an expert commercial electrician, you will know that they can modify and update any existing systems that need work.
Why Hire the Right Electrician?
When it comes to commercial electrical work, working with the right person goes a long way. These days, more and more businesses like shopping malls, offices, and government buildings are turning to permanent commercial electricians. This is because they can handle a wide variety of complex electrical work, virtually anything and everything.
Having commercial electrical contractors in your arsenal means you have peace of mind knowing that someone reliable is there to do the job for you. Whether you are a business owner or a manager of a commercial property, you know how important it is to have someone by your side. It is like an asset you are investing in. The operational work of your business depends on it.
In case you are wondering how a commercial electrician can assist you, below we put forward a list of ways you can be benefitted:
- Analysing, designing, and overall planning of electrical systems, devices and wiring
- Installing new electrical equipment or systems
- Repairing and maintaining ACs
- Installing lights, switches, outlets and proper wiring
- Repairing existing electrical equipment and devices
- Installing security systems like security alarms, cameras
- Installing smart technology in buildings
- Creating effective management systems
Now that you know how a commercial electrician can be of your help, below we provide you with a list of tools they use:
- Circuit Finder
- Wire Stripper
- Specialised Nuts & Screwdrivers
- Tape Measure
- Voltage Tester
- Fish Tape
- Electrical Tape
- Utility Knife
Factors You Need to Consider While Seeking a Commercial Electrician
It can get difficult at times to choose from a vast range of electricians out there. We understand the pain and have decided to give you some insight into things you want to look at in your prospective electrician.
Refer to the below-mentioned things you need to consider:
- Qualification and experience matter:- Ask how many years they have been in the field
- Is your prospective electrician a specialised person for commercial electrical work?
- Have they got proper training relevant to the field?
- Can they back their work claims with some examples?
- Find out what others have to say about them:- Why not check Google for this?
- Maybe they are not on Google or Facebook, consider looking for them elsewhere
- Ask if they can come up with creative solutions to any electrical problems
- Can they work with other builders, property & business owners or managers, and contractors?
- Are they professional?
- Ask about their ‘clean-up’ policy after the electrical work (Note that a good electrician will go above and beyond to clean up everything before leaving the job site)
Find out their preferred jobs, this could include the types of jobs that they are best at
- Are they a good match for your business?
- How do they fix their costs or how much do they cost?
How to Become an Experienced Commercial Electrician
While becoming a commercial electrician is no easy feat, it takes determination and dedication for someone to become one. Of course, there are several requirements that you may have to fulfil if you wish to become a reputed electrician eligible to do commercial electrical work.
Simply put, you need to fulfil these two: a) completing a 4-year apprenticeship b) completing the necessary courses and doing assessments at a trade school.
If you know someone who is younger and willing to become a commercial electrician, it would be good to work with an experienced electrician for some time.
It is in your best interest if you had a good rapport with an already experienced electrician. This is especially helpful in getting an official apprenticeship. They may also refer you to someone after you leave school and continue to work.
To become a good industrial electrician in London, experts suggest that students should study mathematics and physics well. These two subjects serve as the foundation of your knowledge. You want to reconsider your decision about being an electrician if you do not find these subjects interesting.
Once you complete schooling, it is time to complete a Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician to become a full-fledged commercial electrician. The candidate must pass the Licensed Electrician’s Assessment too.
It takes time and a lot of effort to become a skilled electrician for commercial properties. Commercial settings are complex work and you need to learn the intricacies of the subject. Without completing the necessary courses and assessments, you will not be able to dip your feet into the field. So, make sure you weigh every pros and cons before deciding whether to become an electrician.
Not to mention that there is increasing demand for commercial electricians and the pay cuts are good too. So, it will be a fruitful decision if you complete the course well.
At Electric Works London, we are a team of dedicated electricians in London willing to help commercial businesses like you in spotting, fixing, and installing electrical systems at affordable rates. Be sure to get in touch with us if you need our assistance.